Can't get samba to work

Kjetil Tjensvold feb2000info at yahoo.no
Mon Jan 14 04:26:04 GMT 2002

Hi.
I have redhat 7.2 with samba included.I have tried to
configure samba on the linux box connected to 2 win
boxes.I have set the workgroupname in smb.conf and
server string, but I cant find where to give the samba
server a name.I have ADSL connected to all boxes and
the network works fine in windows.The winboxes  have
set "obtain an ip address automaticly" and checked the
dhcp.That works in windows since the dynamic ip
address is supplied by the isp.I can see the winboxes
in smbclient -L <winbox name> the shared folders and
the workgroup name.But when I type smbclient
-Llocalhost I get connection refused although I have
typed the name of all boxes in host.allow.
Ï have also the names in lmhosts and host files.
I cannot give a samba password when I try smbpasswd.I
get an error message.