ip address as destination

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Mon Jan 14 00:56:09 GMT 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Vivek Malik wrote:

> I dont wanna use NetBIOS name of SMB/CIFS name of the server. I just
> have the ip address of the server.
>
> How can set the options so that using only ip address of the server, i
> should be able to use smbclient, smbmount and pass on all the required
> options to autofs.

You want the strangely named "ip" option to smbmount, autofs should just
pass all options you give it to smbmount as-is. Something like this in the
autofs map:

share -fstype=smbfs,credentials=/etc/.smb_auth,ip=10.10.0.220 ://srv/share
(autofs 3.1.7)

smbclient uses -I.

For some "servers" you must give a netbios name (win9x). For NT4+ it
should be ok with any name for "srv".

/Urban