clients not seeing complete browse list

Marty Leisner linux at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jan 13 14:22:03 GMT 2002

I've always found it a mystery how the browse lists are figured out.

The best think to do is to look at the lan with a packet sniffer
and see what is being returned...

Microsoft software is very strange...

(this was from an implentation of netbios I had to do for a product
at work).

When I was writing the browsing stuff, I had flakeyness...so I went to eat
lunch and lo and behold -- it worked!! (when it stayed running).

I constantly heard problems of "its not working" -- I say "if you wait
30 minutes, and look again it should be there"

Never had an answer to this -- HATED this...

marty