Enabling SWAT

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Sun Jan 13 14:16:04 GMT 2002

> Thanks for the VERY quick response. Unfortunately, there is no actual
> "xinetd.conf" file. There is an "xinetd.d" directory in /etc. Inside is
> the "linuxconf-web" file. Is this the file that I need to alter?

Hmm... It seems xinetd (an alternative for inetd) has take some
alternative configuration approach. Try to read it's documentation to
see how you can add programs to listen at certain ports..

Maybe some RedHat/Mandrake users could give some more info here, since
I'm using Debian with the 'good old' inetd.

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://nl.linux.org/~jelmer/
Development And Underdevelopment: http://library.thinkquest.org/C0110231/