smb.conf bug

Dmitry Karasik dmitry at karasik.eu.org
Sun Jan 13 05:20:03 GMT 2002

There is a bug in samba-2.0.10, which develops if
string in smb.conf is too long. In my case,
I have hosts.allow string of IP addresses, that
is seems to be longer than some limit as is silenlty
truncated, as testparm shows.

The IP addresses are not grouped in C or other classes,
and can't be, so class syntax or EXCEPT keyword are
not applicable in my case.

The most confusion was caused by the silent truncation.
It would be much help with the vocal truncation, however -
I would propose to review the smb.conf loading procedure,
so such limitations to the parameter strings can be emilinated.

uname -a:
FreeBSD monkey.plab.ku.dk 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #1: Sun May 27
16:46:40 CEST 2001     root at plab.ku.dk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PLAB  i386

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH