postexec does not work?

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sat Jan 12 11:34:03 GMT 2002

Steve:

Steve Maroney wrote:

> I dont think postexec takes place right aftet the user closes the share.
> There should be an option to set the time out on this sort of thing.
>
> I ran into this same problem when I added shares for my cd-rom drives.
> The prexec mounted the drive and the postexec umounts the drives.
>
> The problem was postexec didn't run until a little while after the share
> was closed.

At least on my system (samba 2.2.2, compiled from source, RH 7.2 and
6.2) postexec never runs - at least that I can tell.

I am using smbclient from 2.2.2 on a RH 6.2 system to connect to 2.2.2
on a RH 7.2 server.

I'll do some more poking around later when I have access to a "real"
windows client.

--Yan

--
Daddy, did all the hair that fell off your head stick to your arms?
Akari, age 4