Writing files on 98 from linux

Peter peterjmcm at toad.net
Sat Jan 12 10:10:04 GMT 2002

	I have the same problem that I had a few months ago. I can create
files on my windows machines from my linux machine but the files
will be blank. I was told that this is a windows problem but that
does not answer the problem for me because I can write files on
one Win machine to another. The problem seems to me to be in the
translations of permissions from linux to MS and that is SAMBA
no? I can give my linux texts ugo+rwx permissions and after I
copy them onto the windows box they appear to have only ugo+r
permission, when viewed from the linux machine.
	If this is the wrong list for such a posting can you direct me to
the proper list?
--
Peter J. McMenamin