Password on W2K

Dylan Jones dylan.jones at theater.hku.nl
Sat Jan 12 08:34:02 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I created users on my Linux box, as well as on some W2K workstations, and
configured samba so that each user can access his home dir on Linux as well
as some shared dirs. The passwords of course are the same on both sides.
Plus I created a batch file on the W2k side, to be launched automatically at
startup, with the following lines:
net use U: //*nameserver*/Utils
      W: //*nameserver*//public
      Y: //*nameserver*//homes
Now, when logging on, a message appears mentionning “unknown user or
password for //*nameserver*//homes” – then I type it again, and, fine.

Any idea where something should be changed?

Thanx a lot,

Dylan.