postexec does not work?

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sat Jan 12 06:33:07 GMT 2002

I am testing preexec and postexec loggin to syslog.  I've created a
simple share below:

[secure]
        comment = Network Security Service
        preexec = logger SAMBA-open: user %u Netbios client: %m DNS
client: %m IP: %I time: %T
        postexec = logger SAMBA-close: user %u Netbios client: %m DNS
client: %m IP: %I time: %T
        path = /var/samba/secure

When I connect using smbclinet from another machine:

[root at aphrodite pam.d]# smbclient //hamlet/secure -U yan

the connection is logged:

Jan 12 14:12:23 hamlet logger: SAMBA-open: user yan Netbios client:
aphrodite DNS client: aphrodite IP: 192.168.0.3 time: 2002/01/12
14:12:23

but there is corresponding log from the postexec.

Am I missing something?

--Yan

--
Daddy, did all the hair that fell off your head stick to your arms?
Akari, age 4