why more discussion of samba development?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Sat Jan 12 04:12:33 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:27:59AM -0500, hayden.wimmer at lwbref.com wrote:

> follow the project (it is just that, a project).  i have seen it do
> wonderful things however, technology is changing faster than i think samba
> is keeping up....

that's the bit that i find very frustrating, knowing that with
a simple API of four hours' work, that could all change.

you know what?  fuckit.  i'll do it myself.

> bottom line, if this luke guy can make this shit happen,
> hire his ass.....and luke, since you are such a god, when is all this going
> to be working in tng?

*sigh* ... the answer is, when someone pays me enough to work ok it.

[longer answer plus explanation:]

and i'm not prepared to sell myself short, which i justify because
when i get going, shit happens [which scares people, i have to admit].

and well, the fall-out from some really bad... uhh... stuff,
has scared a lot of people even _more_.  additionally, i
believe that The Usual Suspects [for hiring open source
developers] have suspect motives, and after a number of
[plenty-of-catches-and-traps] attempts have given up on me
because i saw through their entrapments.

so whilst the short answer is, "when someone pays me", the
longer answer is, "when someone comes forward that is not
a U.S.-based corporation".

luke