Win NT 4.0 - System Error 5

Paul Adair padair at pntsi.ca
Sat Jan 12 00:41:04 GMT 2002

Totally new to Samba so please bare with me.

I have a Sun E250 running Solaris 8 & Samba 2.2.2
I have a Windows NT 4 Server in the same local network.

I am trying to get the NT server to mount a drive letter which is a share on the Sun box.  I have gone through the DIAGNOSIS.txt file and all off the tests work up to TEST #8.

Whenever I try to do a "net view \\sunbox" on the NT machine this is the response that I get.
----
C:\> new view \\detroit
System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.
----

Here is my smb.conf file.  I am thinking this is where I need some further configuration but I am not exactly sure what to put in there.
----
[global]
        workgroup = MYGROUP

   [homes]