Problems gaining write access to Windows Shares

Marc R. Hoffman emulator at mac.com
Fri Jan 11 21:27:02 GMT 2002

I'm having a problem gaining write access to Windows shares. The share is
on a Windows 2000 Workstation computer. I type the following in a shell:

smbmount //win2kpro/smbshare /home/mhoffman/samba username=mhoffman

The username typed here has been given complete read/write access
privileges/permissions on the Win2K box. In the end, all I can do is
browse the Win2K shares, but I can't write to them. I've tried variations
on the smbmount command:

smbmount //win2kpro/smb_share /home/mhoffman/samba -o username=mhoffman
smbmount //win2kpro/smb_share /home/mhoffman/samba -o username=mhoffman,rw
smbmount //win2kpro/smb_share /home/mhoffman/samba -o
username=mhoffman,workgroup=workgroup

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I can't get write access to these
Windows shares?

Thanks in advance...

Marc