User level info?

Derrick Jobidon globe99 at mail.rdstm.ro
Fri Jan 11 15:04:09 GMT 2002

I noticed while playing with kixtart scripts that even if win9x clients do
not have access to group membership when logging on a Windows NT or 2000 DC,
they still get to know if the user has admin privileges, a normal user or a
guest. I tried with samba and it does not work.

No, I never installed the special RPC service that is included in kixtart in
case somebody thinks of bringing that up. Just a normal server.

Anybody know about how win9x gets that info and if it will ever be
implemented in samba?