Linux PDC + Linux client - share problems

Luciano Macedo Rodrigues luciano_rodrigues at opensoft.inf.br
Fri Jan 11 13:27:19 GMT 2002

Dear samba users,

	I'm having a problem with 2 Linux servers with Samba: "server 1" and
"server 2"). "Server 1" is the PDC of my network and serve all the Windows
2000 workstations very fine. But I want the workstations access the "server
2" using Samba. I made "server 2" available to the workstations using
security=server and password server="server 1" in smb.conf. The listing of
"server 2" in network neighborhood and "server 2" shares' are ok. But when I
try to access the shares, it asks for username and password. I didn't set
any authentication of "valid users" or something like that, I just can
access the shares using guest (but can't create files, not a solution). How
do I fix it?

	Just to complement, other issue here, a little stupid: i want to put
descriptions for each workstation. Where can I do that? I think it's not in
Samba, I'm almost sure about that. If it's not, how can I do it in Windows
2000 workstations?

Thnxs in advance,
Luciano