Emergency! Please Help ASAP!

Timothy W. Moore timothy.moore at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 11 12:03:04 GMT 2002

Please understand I am not a guru, but an engineer who uses LINUX as a
foundation for engineering software development.  I upgraded my machine
(Quad/PII Xeon) to RH 7.2.  Before 7.2, Samba worked perfectly. Using
the same configuration file for 2.2.2, something is amiss!  From my Win
2000/XP boxes I can see the broadcast name of the samba server, but when
I double click the icon, it says I do not have permission.  This is
nearly identical to a post below.  I read each and every response and
tried to implement the recommendations.  In all honesty, I am probably
too OS illiterate to implement them properly.  I am under the gun,
please help!