Getting and setting rids...

mmessaoudi at vinci-construction.com mmessaoudi at vinci-construction.com
Fri Jan 11 11:54:03 GMT 2002

Hi there,

     I've set a Samba 2.2.2 server as a PDC for various clients (Win9x,
NT4, W2k) using;
     I'm using an ldap Directory (a Lotus Domino Server) to store all the
account information (nss_ldap plus --with-samldap compile option);

     It works pretty good (some problems with W2k workstation), but when I
change a password for a user either from a workstation or by using the
smbpasswd command, the user_rid and the group_rid are changed;

     It seems that when we read the user_rid (group_rid) from the
directory, we assume that it's an Hex value according to this piece of
source code "user_rid = (uint32)strtol(temp, NULL, 16);"; but when we write
to the directory, we don't  convert it back to Hex value "slprintf(temp,
sizeof(temp) - 1, "%i", user_rid );";

     Am I correct or is there something I've missed ??