samba 2.2.2 install

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Fri Jan 11 10:08:03 GMT 2002

James:
No problem.. All you need to do is follow the directions in the source
download or off the web site.  www.samba.org (I assume this is where you got
the source from anyway).

Yes, you should uninstall the earlier rpm version (if that's what it is) -
rpm -e and it will be gone.  This will keep you from mucking about with what
version of smbd or nmbd is running and from what directory.....

Try ./configure --help to see the options available to you - use what is
appropriate for your environment.  Them make and make install.

HTH
James