Printcap

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Fri Jan 11 08:38:06 GMT 2002

Hello all,
I have a question that I hope somebody out there can help with. Samba
doesn't seem to see new printers added to the printcap until it is
restarted. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to set samba up to
check the printcap periodically, or to force it to without restarting the
service? I have 500 clients that will attach to this print server and would
like to not have to interrupt there activities if I don't have to to add a
new printer...
Any ideas would be helpful,

Wade Winright
"Build a better mantrap, and the rats will beat a path to your door..."
-Neil Fallon