smbmount won't compile

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Fri Jan 11 08:13:37 GMT 2002

Urban Widmark wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>>This is samba-2.2.2 from source, obviously ;-)
>>
>>Any ideas?  I don't think I really need smbmount on this box, but it's a
>>nice to have for testing sometimes.
>>

>Something is "non-standard" with your headers, possibly that
>/usr/include/linux uses the headers from your 2.2.19 kernel and not the
>headers used to build glibc.

That's quite possible.   This is a system that has gone through numerous
upgrades, rebuilds, crashes, etc., so I'm not sure what versions are where.

About a year and a half ago we lost a bunch of stuff due to a lightning
strike, and in the resulting rebuild I lost the kernel source used to
build the system, so the current source is from a tarball.

>(never install a kernel tarball in /usr/src/linux)
>
>The real problem is that smbmount includes kernel headers (it always has).
>It should use it's own definition of things.
>
>I'll make a patch for you to test with 2.2.2 on your "old" distribution,
>if you want.
>
>/Urban

Don't put yourself out;  I want to test 2.2.2 before I release anyway.
 If it works and it turns out I need smbclient, I'll revisit this whole
issue.

Thanks for the offer, though.

--Yan