smbmount won't compile

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Jan 11 08:00:06 GMT 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Yan Seiner wrote:

> This is samba-2.2.2 from source, obviously ;-)
>
> Any ideas?  I don't think I really need smbmount on this box, but it's a
> nice to have for testing sometimes.

Something is "non-standard" with your headers, possibly that
/usr/include/linux uses the headers from your 2.2.19 kernel and not the
headers used to build glibc.
(never install a kernel tarball in /usr/src/linux)

The real problem is that smbmount includes kernel headers (it always has).
It should use it's own definition of things.

I'll make a patch for you to test with 2.2.2 on your "old" distribution,
if you want.

/Urban