(no subject)

djamil essaissi djamil at serveur-express.com
Fri Jan 11 07:12:11 GMT 2002

             preexec (S)
              This option specifies a command to be run whenever  the  service  is  con­
              nected to. It takes the usual substitutions.

              An  interesting  example is to send the users a welcome message every time
              they log in. Maybe a message of the day? Here is an example:

              preexec = csh -c 'echo \"Welcome to %S!\" | /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient
              -M %m -I %I' &

              Of course, this could get annoying after a while :-)

              See also preexec close and postexec .

              Default: none (no command executed)

              Example: preexec = echo \"%u connected to %S from %m (%I)\" >> /tmp/log

       preexec close (S)
              This  boolean  option controls whether a non-zero return code from preexec
              should close the service