(no subject)

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Jan 11 06:48:04 GMT 2002

Hi Dave,
If you have Unix Apps AND Win Apps both accessing files on the same share,
you
probably want to have the following locking options on that share;
locking = yes
strict locking = yes
and
use oplocks = no

You are going to pay a performance price on the Windows side, but this
should ensure that your Unix and Win apps don't step on each other...

Hope this helps,
Don