how do I compile them for XFS?

Sean Elble S_Elble at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 19:41:05 GMT 2002

Ken,

In order to compile Samba with support for XFS ACLs, you *MUST* install the
ACL development libraries that are part of the XFS tree. Also, note that
there are many dependencies involving Samba and the version of the XFS tree
that you are using. The XFS ACL interface changed in a certain version, of
which I cannot remember at this time, and it required an update in the Samba
tree as well, IIRC. Samba 2.2.2 does contain the required code to
interoperate with the latest XFS release (1.02, IIRC), and the current XFS
CVS tree. I am not sure if Samba 2.2.2 still contains support for the
original XFS ACL code; would Jerry or Jeremy care to comment here? :-)

BTW - It might be helpful to read the article I wrote for ReactiveLinux.com
. . . you can access it at
http://www.reactivelinux.com/article.php?story=20010626142256574 . . . hope
that helps you out.

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
http://www.reactivelinux.com/
elbles at reactivelinux.com