fstype in SunOS 5.8

Sean Elble S_Elble at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 19:35:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

Unfortunately, the "smbfs" is a Linux-only solution, as it is a component of
the kernel, and, as you have found out, it is not available with Solaris.
You have two alternatives available to you; you can use the smbclient
software, which allows you to mount a Windows or Samba server share on your
Solaris machine. Also, you could use the smbsh software, IIRC. Also, please
avoid posting to the mailing list in HTML format, if it is possible.
Unfortunately, sending mail in HTML format has a negative impact upon
archiving and the digest of Samba. Hope this helps.

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
http://www.reactivelinux.com/
elbles at reactivelinux.com