Please help out of ideas

john8675309 at clear.lakes.com john8675309 at clear.lakes.com
Thu Jan 10 18:25:04 GMT 2002

Well I am doing good I can see my Samba Shares get into them log into them (as
long as I am in windows and in my workgroup not domain) I go to setup the connection
to the domain and that is where it all goes wrong it says welcome to the jknet.com
domain please reboot I do so and then it says that it either can't find my computer
trust account or my username and password is incorrect well I know the username
and password is correct because when I log on to the work group I can access
the share and I think my computer has a trust account because I put a script
in my smb.conf help me out here is a copy of my smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
status = yes
workgroup = jknet.com
netbios name = PDC
server string = Samba Server
security = user
encrypt passwords = Yes
map to guest = Bad User
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s
/bin/false %u
os level = 64
dns proxy = No
valid users = @smb
admin users = root
domain logons = yes
domain master = yes
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
read only = No
browseable = Yes

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No

[Public]
path = /home/samba/data
read only = No
guest ok = Yes

Your help is apperciated. I am running linux 7.2. with Samba 2.2.2. Thanks for
the help

John

-  http://webmail.lakes.com/  -
- A service of Lakes Internet -