PAM, samba, and syslog

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Thu Jan 10 16:25:02 GMT 2002

Is it possible to record who is logged onto a samba share in syslog?

I am setting up a system where all users will log in to one samba
server, then access samba shares on another server.  All authentication
is being done against the first samba server using pam_smb_auth.

I want to know if it's possible to tell pam to log successfull logins to
syslog.  I need to know who is logged in for security reasons.

Thanks,

--Yan

--
Daddy, did all the hair that fell off your head stick to your arms?
Akari, age 4