users

Chris Bourne cbourne at xapnet.com
Thu Jan 10 15:58:20 GMT 2002

Hello,
         I have a windows 2000 user who is say logged in as user paul
with password sunny and has access to certain samba shares on a linux
server. Most people in the office knows paul password for whatever
reason but paul wants to have his own private share only accessable to
him with a password that he only knows. So I set up another user on the
linux box called paul2 with a new password. Paul now tries to access the
private share logged in as paul on his windows machine and gets prompted
for a username and password. So paul types in paul2 and the new password
and gets the message "the credentials supplied conflicts with an
existing set of credentials". I need paul logged in as paul on the
windows machine to have access to paul2 stuff without having to create a
new user or log out of paul on the windows machine. Please help, Chris.