create mode with smbclient

Frances Webb fbw4 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:08:03 GMT 2002

Thanks, but you have it wrong.

My umask is 007 and files are created with the correct permissions.
Smbclient is restricting group write permissions when I download files from
Windows shares - no doubt for reasons of its own.

(I am running RedHat 7.1, and trying to get the user-private group scheme
to work for us consistantly, which is only effective if various programs
play ball and allow full group permissions.)

-Frances