Your password expires today

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Jan 10 07:09:22 GMT 2002

Hi Jeff,
The "X" flag in the smbpasswd file should set that use such that his
password never expires; for
instance in your example smbpasswd you have the line:
Petrowich:500:4EFC971E2C6A11F0AAD3B435B51404EE:9BE760E8DBBE3BE65210225AC1570
C9F:[UX ]:LCT-3B7850D6:

the [UX]  portion of the line tells samba that this is a User account, and
the X tells it to never expire the password.

So if you used usermgr to look at petrowich, you should see the 'password
never expires' box checked.

If you do this with your other users, that should take care of the problem.

Sorry, at this time I haven't messed with getting usermgr to work with Samba
2.2.x as a pdc yet....

Don