problems win 95 connection via winbind and M$-PDC to a samba222 share

Scheufen Stephan S.Scheufen at ebv.com
Thu Jan 10 06:04:05 GMT 2002

Hello folks....

i am using 50 devices with samba222 providing 60gb space to the networks we have....

each of this NAS devices (NetworkAttached storage) is authenticating with winbind agains the M$ PDC.

my client PCs are working under Win9x....200 PCs with win95 and 750 PCs with win98se...

my problem is the following:
if the win95 clients are logging on to the PDC and the login script wants to mount the NAS device sharing they get a "enter password"-question. Then Win98se machines logging on to the same PDC are not getting the question...(wondering!)...they are successfully authenticated and connected to the NAS.

can somebody tell me why this can happen....?!?!
Did somebody have seen the same behavior already ?!?

any comments and hints are welcome and appriciated! :-))

regards
Stephan