help can't join my w2k

Dennis Micheelsen sak at 12move.dk
Thu Jan 10 04:31:06 GMT 2002

Hejsa/hello Andrew,

reply on Thursday, January 10, 2002, 1:09:54 PM:

Andrew> Dennis Micheelsen wrote:

>> Hejsa/Hello samba,
>>
>>   When I try to add my w2k sp2 machine to my domain .. it returns with
>>   the error "The account is not authorized to log in from this
>>   station" ...

Andrew> You need 'encrypt passwords = yes' and setup the root password in the
Andrew> smbpasswd file before you can do this.  (Also add your users to the
Andrew> smbpasswd file for normal user login)

that I have done ... even tried with unencrypted passwords still no go
... my root is in the smbpasswd file along with the user I'm logged in
with on my w2k machine ... i've also added the machine account manually
and added that to the smbpasswd file ...

--
Hilsen/Best regards,
 Dennis                            mailto:sak at 12move.dk
 ICQ: 95538209
 IRC: EU.undernet.org #startrek-central-denmark
 WWW: http://privnet.dyndns.dk