Samba 2.2.2 / PAM / Winbind

Josh Konkol susesambaboy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 08:47:02 GMT 2002

Don,

Thanks for the advice.

wbinfo -u and -g work like they're supposed to
However, below are the results if -a  ( I have x'd out the password)

linux20:~ # /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -a prfmstr2+$ejwk%xxxxxxxxx
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user prfmstr2+%xxxxxxxxx with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user prfmstr2+%xxxxxxxx with challenge/response

I did try this on a working instance and got the exact same response.

Any ideas ??