SAMBA/LDAP/Group Policy

Andi andi at void.at
Wed Jan 9 02:50:09 GMT 2002

hi,

has anybody successfully used an nt workstation with an samba 2.2.2 server
(with ldap support) and ntconfig.pol with group policies?

I calculated the RID (userid * 2 + 1000). I made a Unix Group "test"
that is available for Samba (I tested with a share and write list = @test).
Then I used an Policy Editor on a NT workstation that has successfully
joined the domain. After that I've put the ntconfig.pol in the netlogon
directory and logged in as the user. The NT workstation fetched the policy
file but the desktop or any settings weren't changed.

Any ideas?

greets
Andreas Strodl