How well does WinXP fit in themix?

David M . Stowell dmstowell at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 9 00:51:04 GMT 2002

I currently have a network consisting of the following:

1 Linux (RH 7.2) Server, using Samba 2.2.1a - PDC
1 Linux workstation (RH 7.2), using Samba 2.2.1a (this one is a problem
child for another day)
1 Windows NT workstation, with the most recent Service Pack
2 Windows ME workstations

All is all and well at the moment (with the exception of the Linux
workstation). I just received a copy of Windows XP, and I am
considering upgrading one of the Windows ME workstations with it. What
is the current state of affairs regarding Samby and XP. Should I try it
or archive the idea for a while.

Thanks,

David M. Stowell