Samba 2.2.2 PDC and MS Exchange

Detlef Lammermann detlef.lammermann at er.materna.de
Tue Jan 8 23:54:03 GMT 2002

Arne - IMAP mediAVentures wrote:

> Hi Deflet,
>
> Are you quite shure the exchange server is a member of the domain.

Yes.

> Is it otherwise reachable. Basic stuff first - ping, any shares reachable ?

Yes, no problem.

> Can you see the exchange server in the network neighbourhood ?

Yes.

> DS makes you think about the DS database. Can you run outlook on the server
> itself and reach the exchange server from there ?

I did not try this yet, because I considered this machine as a server and
only a server. I will have a look.

To avoid misunderstanding:
Regular (==remote) Outlook clients work O.K. with this server.

I have basic problems with third party software integration, where I get the
DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM error. This software worked fine before PDC
migration to Samba. During investigation I found the same problem with the
Exchange Admin tool (only when operating remotely, local O.K. too).

-- Detlef
                                                                    ////
                                                                   (Q Q)
Detlef Lammermann
MATERNA GmbH Information & Communications    mailto:detlef.lammermann at materna.de
Wetterkreuz 3                                Voice: +49 9131 7723-60
D-91058 Erlangen                             Fax:   +49 9131 7723-45