Samba 2.2.2: more than 100 nmbd processes

Jurjen Oskam jurjen at quadpro.stupendous.org
Tue Jan 8 23:16:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 07:29:21PM +0100, Ionel GARDAIS wrote:

> One things with me is that these are smbd prcess that
> are abnormaly high (10 processes with the same owner
> from the same computer in 2 seconds)

The problem I described is that there are many *nmbd* processes,
not *smbd* processes.

> To conclude, as for you, I'm getting unable to kill
> either smbd and nmbd process (even with

Also, in my situation, I am able to stop the smbd and many nmbd
processes without a problem. Also, each nmbd process doesn't consume
a lot of memory.

> Hope you're feeling less alone,

Thanks, but I think we have a different problem. :-)

--
      Jurjen Oskam * http://www.stupendous.org/ for PGP key * Q265230
    8:09am  up 6 days, 13:14,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00