problems with one user and Win2000

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Jan 8 13:56:04 GMT 2002

Correct me if I am wrong (its been known to happen fairly regularly ;), but
one User cannot use the same profile for Win98 and Win2K, can they?

I believe you'll need to set up this user with two different 'identities',
one for Win9x, and one for Win2K.  Then you could probably set up a script
to check for the OS version, and then point them to the appropriate profile
path.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-admin at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-admin at lists.samba.org]On
Behalf Of Andre Klocke
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 5:21 AM
To: Samba Mailingliste
Subject: problems with one user and Win2000

Hallo.

We have a Samba-Server running and use some Win2000 clients and some Win98.
One Username from the Domain (user2) works fine under 98, but not in 2000.
Log in as user2 of the domain then win2000 starts, but a klick on the
start-button causes the explorer to crash.

userder -r user2
and
useradd -m user2

solved the problem, but why?