MacOS X was working, stopped working.

Daniel Taylor dtaylor at vocalabs.com
Tue Jan 8 12:53:02 GMT 2002

I have a user using the Dave 3.1 client on MacOS X to connect to
Samba 2.2.2 on Debian Linux. A WinXP box on our network is
having no connection problems.

I reconfigured dhcp to assign static IP's to the laptop users and
the Mac client stopped working with the error: "the server does not appear to
be on the network!0".

Examining the connection logs on the server shows WINS connections
from the Mac, but no file service connection attempts.

I am also asking on the client side, but I figured someone here may
have encountered this sort of behaviour before.

--
Daniel Taylor
dtaylor at vocalabs.com