Samba 2.2.2 PDC and MS Exchange

Detlef Lammermann detlef.lammermann at er.materna.de
Tue Jan 8 09:45:04 GMT 2002

Hello Arne, hello Michael, hello all,

I just migrated a small domain including M$ Exchange server.
As expected I got the same problems with changed SIDs as described
in this thread and also got these problems fixed as described using exmerge.
But one is left.

For now the domain consists of a Samba 2.2.2 PDC, an Exchange server 5.5 SP4,
no BDC but some clients, most of these Win2k SP2.

When I try to access the exchange server from one of these clients with
the Microsoft Exchange Administrator tool I get no connection.
A popup appears:

| Es konnte keine Verbindung mit dem Microsoft Exchange Server-Computer
| 'EXCTEST' hergestellt werden.
|
| Der Microsoft Exchange Server antwortet nicht.
|
| Microsoft Exchange-Verzeichnis
| ID-Nr: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

Translation (hope I got it):

| It was impossible to establish a connection to the Microsoft Exchange server
| 'EXCTEST'.
|
| The Microsoft Exchange server does not respond.
|
| Microsoft Exchange Directory
| ID-No: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

Is this a known problem?
Is this a Samba related problem?

Any help appreciated.

TIA,

-- Detlef
                                                                    ////
                                                                   (Q Q)
Detlef Lammermann
MATERNA GmbH Information & Communications    mailto:detlef.lammermann at materna.de
Wetterkreuz 3                                Voice: +49 9131 7723-60
D-91058 Erlangen                             Fax:   +49 9131 7723-45