Can't connect to other clients...

Takacs Istvan istvan.takacs at hungax.com
Tue Jan 8 05:47:03 GMT 2002

Hi

We have two SAMBA 2.2.2 servers on our LAN.

Samba1:

[global]
        client code page = 852
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        netbios name = SERVER1
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        domain master = No
        os level = 20
        local master = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        printing = lprng
        wins support = Yes

Samba2:

[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        client code page = 852
        netbios name = SERVER2
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes

I can browse the network if I set the WINS server's address
in W2K TCP/IP settings.
But we can't connect and browse the other clients.
They enabled the Guest user, and have some shares
for public access.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,