Samba 2.2.2: more than 100 nmbd processes

Jurjen Oskam jurjen at quadpro.stupendous.org
Tue Jan 8 02:39:21 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 08:28:02PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > is it normal to have 101 nmbd processes running on a relatively small Win2k
> > network (about 7 clients)?
> No.  Nmbd doesn't do a per-client fork(), so there should only ever be
> one process...

I use samba 2.2.2 patched with the patch at
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2001-April/028698.html
so that might be the problem.

I understand that in 2.2.3 there will be an official "interactive" switch,
so that I can use that instead of this patch. Since Samba 2.2.3 is nearing
release, I will install that as soon as it's released and see if Samba
works under daemontools with the interactive switch.

Will there also be a possibility to log to stdout and/or stderr?

--
      Jurjen Oskam * http://www.stupendous.org/ for PGP key * Q265230
   11:23am  up 5 days, 16:28,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00