2.2.2 Release incredibly broken?

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 14:09:02 GMT 2002

I have had to disable oplocks also in 2.2.2 after seeing a lot of errors in
the logs and having smbds which become unkillable.  I thought I had solved
that latter one when I got rid of the oplocks and recompiled everything
(2.2.20 kernel, samba 2.2.2, ACLs) but today we had another instance when
underload (about 40 users).  This means the raid array cannot be unmounted
and we have to shudown and reboot messily and then check all the disks etc.
Not impressive.

I am going to move on to 3.0 beta and run that in our production
envrironment - what is there to lose now ?  I just hope I can get it working
so it is relatively stable.