Lost directories

Dan Warren jose_warren at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:22:08 GMT 2002

Hello.  I apologize in advance if this question is answered somewhere in the
documentation or in a previous news post but I've spent the last 1.5 hours
searching them and cannot find an answer.

I have a new Samba 2.2.1-4a (RedHat 7.2) server and my Win98/95 clients can
see only files on the shares but no directories.  The NT4/2000 clients can
see everything fine.  If I log in to a NT4/2000 machine as a user on the
Win98/95, I can see files and directories.  I'm using my smb.conf from my
previous Samba server (2.0.7) which worked fine.  I was able to create a
directory from a Win98 machine but then it promptly disappeared when it the
screen refreshed!  Thanks in advance.

Dan Warren