long username support

Andrew Bell andrew at usd299.k12.ks.us
Mon Jan 7 09:14:03 GMT 2002

After recently upgraded to 2.2.1a with Redhat  7.2 I have noticed a problem on some login account.  When the username is more than eight characters long, their login script says access denied.... (\\samba\netlogon\userma~7_.bat) When I go to the netlogon folder and try running the username.bat file manually, I get the same problems.  When I rename the file to something less than or equal to eight characters, it works fine.  I have enclosed my smb.conf file.  I did not have this problem when using samba 2.0.5 and redhat 6.1

Thanks,

Andrew Bell
andrew at usd299.k12.ks.us

[global]

workgroup = Hs

netbios name = Samba

server string = Samba Server

log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

max log size = 5000

security = user

encrypt passwords = no

smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

interfaces = 192.168.1.3/255.255.252.0

local master = yes

os level = 70

domain master = yes

preferred master = yes

domain logons = yes

logon path = \\%L\Profiles

wins support = yes

dns proxy = no

unix password sync = no

encrypt passwords = no

map to guest = bad user

password level = 0

null passwords = no

dead time = 0

debug level = 0

logon script = %U.bat

invalid users = root, bin, daemon, lp, mail, adm, uucp

status = yes

[homes]

comment = Home Directories

browseable = no

writable = yes

[netlogon]

comment = Network Logon Service

path = /home/samba/netlogon

guest ok = yes

writable = yes

share modes = no

root preexec = /home/samba/netlogon/%G %U %m %L

root postexec = rm /home/samba/netlogon/%U.bat /home/samba/netlogon/%U.reg

[Profiles]

path = /home/samba/profiles/%U

browseable = no

guest ok = no

root preexec = /bin/mkdir /home/samba/profiles/%U

/bin/chown %U /home/samba/profiles/%U

/bin/chmod 701 /home/samba/profiles/%U

create mode = 601

directory mode = 701