File monitoring/usage?

Nick Willey nwilley at ashgate.com
Mon Jan 7 06:52:06 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have spent the morning searching for a way to log user actions on our
samba server.  Searching Google showed this same question unanswered many
times.  I've tried increasing the log level and though it does provide some
useful information, it also provides alot of stuff that isn't necessary just
to see what file/s a user has been opening/deleting/moving.  Has anyone come
up with a method of tracking users actions or is this something that is
planned for the 3.0 stable release, or is it just not going to happen?

Thanks for any and all info,

Nick