login script problem

Richard Smart rsmart at netaccess.co.nz
Mon Jan 7 02:40:03 GMT 2002

Something to consider

Login scripts on Win9x boxes run from Z: automatically ie on the Server I
administer the netlogon share is automatically mapped (by Win9x) as Z:
until told otherwise later. The first line of your login file deletes all
drive mappings including Z: - thus Windows has no path to Z:login batch file

I am pretty sure that is why the path to the login script will be
disappearing. It also explains why you can run the login script from a
share name - no drive letter to loose in the middle of the execution.

As a matter of course I do not delete all drive mappings on workstations
logging in (never had to so far) and specifically leave Z: alone for this
reason.

HTH

Richard Smart
Amateur Radio Call: ZL4FZ