login script problem

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at mesco.com
Sun Jan 6 09:05:03 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-01-06 at 00:45, Adam Kennedy (Fuzzy Logic) wrote:
> ftp was in binary, and yes the file was created in windows. I even tried
> making a new revision of the file using vi and that didn't work either.
> And yes it's owned by root.root so it shouldn't be a permissions thing.
> And I did try the todos method after editing the file in vi and after an
> ftp session (just in case). I've tried all possible combinations of
> these things in the past few hours that I could come up with.
> Anyone else ever have this problem?

Can you execute your logon script from a Windows client? i.e. by getting
into \\netlogon once you log in then double-clicking on the script?

If it executes just fine, then it's not a problem with CR/LF nor
permission.

It may seem totally unrelated, but I had a similar problem when the
environmental path of a Windows 2000 client included both long path name
and truncated path name.  For example, I had

%PATH%;C:\Program Files\...\..\;C:\PROGRA~1\...\...\

as the definition of my paths (except the dots (...) were something
else).  My logon script wouldn't run until I changed it to

%PATH%;C:\Program Files\...\..\;C:\Program Files\...\...\

Kohei