ACLs on Solaris, plus migration

jwalton at nomadsoft.co.uk jwalton at nomadsoft.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 08:48:02 GMT 2002

Has anybody migrated samba from one machine to the other? I have tried
migrating from a PC running Linux to a PC running Solaris, and all worked
fine at first, then when I turned off the original machine, the NT ACLs
stopped showing up (the Solaris box happily reported the ACLs at the unix
level)
I tried turning the original machine back on and, to my surprise, the
domain attached to the ACLs was that of the original machine and the
domain of the new machine.

I decided to leave well alone, until the ACLs stopped appearing totally. I
now cannot get ACLs up and running on the Solaris machine, it happily
allows me to go through the  procedure of selecting NT file permissions,
only it comes back with "Unable to save permissions on <filename>. Access
is denied".

My Samba is 2.2.2, any help would be greatly appeciated as I am now well
and truly stuck.

my smb.conf follows:
$ cat smb.conf
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from nomad174.uk.nomadsoft.com (192.168.2.174)
# Date: 2002/01/06 16:30:14

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = GRP1
        netbios name = FILESERVER2
        server string = Solaris Samba 2.2.2
        security = SERVER
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = SERV1, SERV2
        username map = /opt/etc/smbusers
        password level = 8
        log level = 1
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        deadtime = 15
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 32
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        directory mask = 0775
        inherit permissions = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.1. 192.168.2. 127.

[Departments]
        comment = Departments
        path = /share/fileserver/docs/Departments
        read only = No

[Public]
        comment = Public and Shared Documentation
        path = /share/fileserver/docs/Public
        read only = No
        create mask = 0770

[Customers]