W2k problems with profiles on samba alpha12

Axel Machens axel_machens at gmx.net
Sat Jan 5 11:45:03 GMT 2002

Hi samba-admins,

the PDC join with w2k prof.(SP2) on samba alpha 12 works fine.
Thank you Andrew for the 'use spnego = no' config-para.

But the profiles from w2k to samba have trooble :(
when I looged in to samba PDC it comes a errorbox message on W2K :
  ------------------------------------
can´t copy
\\smbserver\profile\administrator\Startmen\Programme\Autostart
to C:\Docoment and Einstellungen\Administrator.Samba-Alpha\Startmenue\
Programme\Autostart
-------------------------------------
I look into the profile directory on linux maschine - and there are the
administrator and users files from w2k eg: NTUSER.DAT , Desktop etc.
Why write w2k after logout from domain the first one the profiles and
can´t load it after I want to login ??

And for Startmenue stands in the directory :

Startmen|

and when I wont to go with cd in it this name is browsed on linux box:

Startmen\|/

The same config works with 2.2.2. (Acl support is verry Nice!!:)

Can someone help me ?? I have samba alpha vers.12 SuSE 7.3 kernel
2.4.16acl and quotas / samba configure -- quotas - acl support,
Win2000 prof (SP2) IE 5.5  -

have somebody a Idee to help ?

All the best / and nice weakends :o)

Axel Machens