Few Questions..

Gaurang Pandya gaubrig at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 18:16:13 GMT 2002

Hi Group

I have given a samba project, Which is bigger than I have ever done, so I thought
I will get advice/help of experts of the group.

I have following questions.

1. I have heard that PDC & BDC kind of functionality can be implemented into Samba by using LDAP and having config file of bdc as "Preffered master = no" "User logon = yes"
"Domain master = no". Is that true? Has any one tried any such things.

If yes please give me how to go for that? Any PDF or Link will be of great help.

2. Can I use Winbind in below given environment?

PDC -> Samba
File server is member of samba pdc. I want to give rights at domain user level.
So that I need not create local users.

If not how to do that?

Thanks in advance for spending your time.
Any of help will be appriciated.

Gaurang.